02 December 2008

Many many words!

The Transporter (A Story by ksf)

"Bloody red light!" the man curses under his breath. A few of his co-workers have managed to pedal off, leaving him behind with a few other older men.A string of perspiration has formed on his receeding hairline. He wipes them off with his towel which hangs upon his neck.
"I'm slower today?" he asked himself in disbelief. "It's normally about 4 stops from the traffic! Today, I'd hit a 6!" As he eyes the mill of pedestrians crossing leisurely before him, he visually checks whether his shoelaces are still intact, and gets ready to pedal, hoping to reach his destination today without having to stop again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The man, like any other men around him, is dressed in a bright flourencent green top with his khaki bermudas. Unlike his fellow co-workers, who cloaks themselves in the typical white sole, blue strapes rubber flip-flops, he wears a pair of puma shoes. Despite the fact of his receeding hairline (in which he much detests), he does not hide it behind a cap. It gets hotter as he pedals to and from his destinations if he wears one. Besides, the sweat on his head makes it cooler whenever the wind greets him as he pedals.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Argghh.. always these selection of Japanese oldies.. can't see this group of tourists are younger meh?" He casts a sideway glance at his passenger. The tourist holds a digital camera in both her hands, and acknowledges the man with a smile and a nod when she notices him looking at her. "I'm a transporter." he murmers, as the Japanese tourist nods politely and makes herself comfortable, adjusting her viser. "To Fullerton now." beckons the man, as he tightens his grip on the handles, visually checks that his shoelaces are still intact, and takes off with his fellow train of co-workers, in a blast of Japanese techno, as the traffic light changes from red, to yellow and then to green. "Kawaii neh..." the man thinks to himself, and smiles.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As he retigthens his water bottle cap,he notices another passenger walking towards him, beckoning him to take a photograph together. "Picture?" the man asks surprisingly, as he wipes his brow of perspiration with the back of his hand. "Hai cheese tsu!" coaxed a fellow guy tourist. The typical "v" hand sign emerges on almost all the tourists' fingers having their photograph taken before the merlion. Everyone, except the man's passenger, who is standing besides him. The man just chucks his hands into his bermudas pockets. "Arigatoh!" everyone squeals in delight and gets ready to embark their next destination - the Lao Pa Sar. The man feels his face getting hotter when the lady and his eyes' meet. He quickens his pace as he leads her back to his vehicle. Suddenly, a lorry came crashing towards the man and his trisaw. Suddenly, the man flew a short distance and felt himself landing onto the hot concrete ground in slow motion. Suddenly, he thinks of his mother, he thinks of his dreams of becoming an artist, and his always delayed plans of touring the world in bagpacks. He flips a 360 degree turn and saw his lady passenger and heard her screaming, in a man's voice. Time suddenly laspes back into its normal pace as he hits the ground, face down.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Taijiobudesuka?" the lady squatting before him asks. Someone is calling for an ambulance. Someone is scolding the lorry driver. Everyone is gathering around him. A man was asking "Are you alright?" in Japanese to him. And it was the lady before him. And he blacks out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A polorid of a group of tourists in front of the merlion and some trisaw riders lays on top of the white cabinet besides the man's bed. He suffered a few minor bruises on his forearms and head. Fortunately, the lorry hit the trisaw first, cushioning some of it's impact before it skidded and brushed past the man. And the man awakes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Water Pipes (Another Story written by ksf)

The water pipe's leaking again. If only you are here, you'll be able to fix it. It's been 3 months and 18 hours and 46 minutes since you were gone. You know, my electricity bill had hit a new record again - just $2.50 this month. Everything's grey, even Bicky. I'd forgotten what's day like now. Every day's the same. Everything's the same…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ha! The water pipe's leaking again! I hope it really burst this time! So I can have a really good bath. Today's a fine day out there. Mrs. Samantha gave me a bacon treat just now. I can still taste the taste if I suck my mouth real hard. Hope the taste last long. If it's not because it's getting dark, I wont bother to come back. Who care about living in a house with no lights on everyday and what you get to eat is bread with moulds and stale milk! I know this woman can't survive long… but I can't leave her; at least she cares more than Den. Den's gone for I think about 3 months. Of course, I don't miss him! On the other hand, I'm experiencing life now! I don't care whether he's got a place to live, or food to eat… I don't even care if he's d…who cares?! Hey! The water's rushing out even more! Maybe if I slam it real hard with my body, the pipe will burst! Ha! But better wait for the woman to leave the room first, she'll take her round every night at 7.00 pm. Just 12 minutes to count down, oh, so excited! Better sit down and scratch for fleas while waiting; my white coat's losing its shine…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's the matter with Elly? Why is she not using me anymore? I'd been chuck here inside this stupid basket for months! Don't she ever goes out anymore?! What's she doing, sitting at the corner everyday and looking at those darn leaking pipes?! I'm old already… if she still doesn't open me up soon, I'm going to be stuck! And then what? I'm going to be chuck away! Not into this stupid basket anymore, but into the rubbish chute! Ahhh!!! Where's that plumber guy anyway? What's the name? Urghh… is it Ben… no, no, I think it's Den something…whatever! Why is he not here anymore? It's not as if I care whether I see him or not; he doesn't use me anyway, and if he does, he's rough and I hate his hands on me! He forces me to close when I'm a bit stuck and it hurts so much! And when Elly's not looking, he throws me into the basket! Ahhh!!! But now I do hope he's here… at least when he's around, Elly's happy. And when I'm lucky, she will take me along with that stupid dog and him for a walk… I missed those days…why am I stuck here? I want to block the sunrays or shelter Elly from the rain…pitter-patter pitter-patter… I want Elly to stop sitting there and doing nothing! You stop hearing me when you were 13… why?! Elly…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And do you still remember how we met? My water pipes were leaking and I called for a plumber and there you are. I guess it was really love at first sight…I missed the days when you come to fix my pipes…and do you know that I managed to sleep a little yesterday and I dreamt of you and me taking a walk in the park like we used to with Bicky and I was carrying my favourite red umbrella. But now you are gone, nothing's the same. Everything's not the same. I don't know what am I doing… what's the meaning of life? I just don't know… maybe no one knows…maybe you know… why is life like that? Give you some and take away so much…why did you leave? Why don't you take me along? But how? I promise you I'll continue with life… but this is not life! Life is not life without you! I cannot live and I cannot die… I cannot do anything…what am I to do? Please someone! Something! Come take me away…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! Why didn't that woman take her round? Don't tell me she's suffering from kidney failure already? Now I can't take a bath… hey wait! What's that noise? Seem to be coming from the pipes…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahhh!!! Elly? Is that you? Hey… hey.. Wait… I'm not that stuck…ah…there! You use me! You really use me!…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes! It really burst! That woman must be mad! Dancing around with that old umbrella… who cares? This is so much fun! Ahahahaha…hey look! I'm standing on my hind legs!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Den, is that your way of telling me something? The feel of the water is so cold… I thought I would never touch my red umbrella again… I could somehow feel the warmth again… let me dance all night…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elly! Stop spinning! I'm dizzy! Elly!…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ah woo….
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A woman was found lying dead in a pool of blood water with a red umbrella beside her in the morning. A dog was found soaked wet hiding underneath a chair. It was believed that the woman might have suffered a miscarriage. The police will carry out investigation…

No comments: