13 December 2009

Poetry As Tonic

"Try to look at everything through the eyes of a child."
Ruth Draper

"All the effort in the world won’t matter if you’re not inspired."
Diary by Chuck Palahniuk

"You can’t wrap love in a box, but you can wrap a person in a hug."
Author Unknown

"In love, no one can harm anyone else; we are each of us responsible for our own feelings and cannot blame someone else for what we feel. It hurt when I lost each of the various men I fell in love with. Now, though, I am convinced that no one loses anyone, because no one owns anyone. That is the true experience of freedom: having the most important thing in the world without owning it."
Paulo Coelho

"Do one thing everyday that scares you."
Eleanor Roosevelt

"Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying ‘End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH’, the paint wouldn’t even have time to dry."
Terry Pratchett

"I stand for freedom of expression, doing what you believe in, and going after your dreams."
Madonna


"Some people never say the words ‘I love you’. It’s not their style to be so bold. Some people never say those words: ‘I love you’ But, like a child, they’re longing to be told."
Paul Simon

"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing."
Agatha Christie

"I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strangely, I am ungrateful to these teachers"
Kahlil Gibran

"Creation which cannot express itself becomes madness."
Anaïs Nin

"Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom."
General George S. Patton

"Love is a thing, well, its kind of like quicksand: The more you are in it, the deeper you sink. And when it hits you, you’ve just got to fall. ~"
UB40

The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle."
Author Unknown

"A hug is like a boomerang - you get it back right away."
Bil Keane

No comments: